[Mapserver-users] PHP problem

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 9 17:20:49 EDT 2003

Aha! Just wrestled (and won) with this very same problem this morning.
Find out where PHP is looking for the php.ini file.  In my case, I
compiled PHP with --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php but I forgot to
put the php.ini in that location.  This is important because within
php.ini is a setting called extension_dir which tells php where to look
for extensions. Make sure this is set to wherever you put your
php_mapscript.so file (in my case
extension_dir=/usr/local/apache2/modules)
This should solve your problem.

Matt
(RedHat8.0, Apache2.0, Mapserver 3.6.4, Php4.2.3)

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
(541)737-9153
mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu

'/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/php_mapscript.s
o'