[Mapserver-users] using querymap to send to new page?

Leah Roderman elrod at oaktownunderground.com
Sun Apr 13 00:16:04 EDT 2003

Hello all, I have a question about how to use QUERYMAP. I have a PostGIS layer that is displaying the results of a db query. I would then like the user to be able to click on each and be directed to a new webpage. This is essentially what the MNDNR Recreation Compass produces, and also the avanced example of the Tutorial at http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/. These examples, however, appear to be making use of the QUERY tag, which has since been replaced by QUERYMAP starting with MapServer v3.5. Does QUERYMAP allow me to direct a user from a map query to another page? Or might I now specify that using instructions at the LAYER level?

Thanks much for the pointers...

- Leah