[Mapserver-users] msOCIConnect() in msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error.

nakts at latnet.lv nakts at latnet.lv
Wed Apr 16 05:49:26 EDT 2003

Hello

msOCIConnect() in msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error.
on Windows XP with
Oracle Client 8.1.7.
MapServer version 3.6.1  ..INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL ..
MapServer is on my local PC, Oracle DB - on other linux server.
Mapserver works fine with .shp files.

I can connect through SQPLUS, bu not this way:
LAYER
  NAME "ielaaas"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  CONNECTION 'username.../pwd... at po1'
  TYPE POLYGON
  DATA "GEOM FROM SHP_CLIP96 USING SRID 82305"
  CLASS
    NAME "ielaaas"
    COLOR 220 220 220
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END

I tried a lot of combinations in httpd.conf like:
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
<IfModule mod_env.c>
  SetEnv ORACLE_SID po1
  SetEnv ORACLE_HOME "C:\oracle\ora81"
  SetEnv ORA_NLS33 "C:\oracle\ora81\ocommon\nls\ADMIN\DATA"
  SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "C:\oracle\ora81\lib"
  SetEnv TNS_ADMIN "C:\oracle\ora81\network\ADMIN"
</IfModule>

Where could be the problem, how to test what Mapserver is doing, how it tries to
connect to DB ?

Thanks,
Ima