[Mapserver-users] RuntimeError: msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.

Sven Jacobi jacobi at dfki.de
Thu Apr 17 06:08:00 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I have following problem:
I want to create a layer with aerial photos, but these files are too
large so that I have to tile them.
I have done this in the chronological order:
1. use gdaltindex to create the shapefiles (test.dbf, test.shx and test.shp)
       "/gdaltindex test.shp *.tif" /
    It seemed to be correct, because with CGI there were no problems....
2. But when using Mapscript/Python. I received
    "/RuntimeError: msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file."/
3. To get rid of this failure I decided to create a qix-file (I had a
     similar failure in the past). Therefor I used shptree.
    /"shptree test.shp"/
4. This works, but there is one problem: It only works once.
     When I have written a new mapfile with my script, I get the same
      runtime error as above. Although everything looks the same.

Could there be any conflict between qix-file and the shp-file generated
by gdaltindex. Both handle with indexing.
I have no ideas any more....

Any help?

Thanks in forward,

Sven