[Mapserver-users] transparent layer example .map request

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Thu Apr 17 10:35:25 EDT 2003

Hi, folks:

I've looked through the archives, and I'm confused whether or not 3.6.3
is transparent-happy.  There are posts that include TRANPARENCY #.
While others include TRANSPARENT ON.  And others w/ TRANSPARENT TRUE.
And 3.6.developemnt sounds transparent ready, but what about the
official 3.6.3 release?  I'm not ready for 3.7 (for some unknown
reason).

I've got an annual rainfall polygon layer that I'd like to overlay on my
elevation GIF.  So the GIF should come shining through the rainfall
layer.  This might not be what I want (hashing, etc.), but I'd like to
experiment, anyway.

Would someone mind posting an example .map file while also including
your MapServer version so I can make sure I'm talking apples to apples?

Thanks,

Charlton

Charlton Purvis
(803) 777-8858 : voice