[Mapserver-users] Problem using MapServer(and PHPMapScript) with PostGIS

W. Steph chewbizz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:55:49 EDT 2003

Hello all !!

I need a MapServer Win32 binary with PostGIS support !!!
I already downloaded these files :

- mapserver-3.6.2-win32-php4.2.2-libwww.zip
- mapserver-3.6.3-win32-php4.2.3-libwww-ecw.zip
- mapserver-3.6.4-win32-php4.2.3-libwww.zip
- mapserver-3.7-win32-php4.2.3-gd2.zip
- mapserver-3-6-0-beta2-win32-php4.2.1-libwww.zip
- ms35gif_gdal_pg_wms.zip
- ms363gif_gdal_wms.zip

I tried all mapserv.exe files in these zips, with both php_mapScript36 and
php_mapScript37 DLLs, but I always get the same error message when I try to
connect to my remote PostGIS database :
"MapServer Error in msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): msPOSTGISLayerOpen called but not
implemented!"
With some versions of mapserv.exe, the message ends with "(mapserver not
compiled with postgis support)"

I saw many messages from users who had the same problem. But they solved the
problem using "mapserv.exe with postGIS support".
Where did they find this file ???????

Some of my mapserv.exe show me "INPUT=PostGIS" when I use the "-v" option in
the command line, but whenever I try to connect to my database, it fails

Please help me !! Otherwise, I think it will be necessary to re-compile
MapServ, and I'm not sure it will work after that :(
I have no time to waste, because I must set up a WMS and a WFS before
september !

(I'm using MapLab 2.0rc5 and PHP 4.2.3)

Thanks a lot !
See you !