[Mapserver-users] Re: Qyery

Kari Geurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Fri Apr 18 13:55:25 EDT 2003

Hello Prasad,

Thank you for your interest in MapServer. MapServer has a website at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ On this page you will find links for
downloading the software, documentation, email lists, and a gallery page
that provides examples of how MapServer has been used all over the world.

I suggest you start by reading the MapServer Documentation Project Author
Guide.This document describes how to get started writing documents for the
MapServer Documentation Project (MDP). Also, be sure to subscribe to the
MapServer User email list at
MapServer-Users listserv was created as a means for MapServer users and
developers to exchange application ideas, discuss potential software
improvements, and ask questions. Since there are no funds to provide direct
user support, we hope that the small but growing MapServer user community
will use the list to support themselves and help new users get started
building MapServer applications.

I hope that you find this information helpful and that you enjoy using the
software.

> hello,
>
> I am interseted in using mapserver in my researchwork.
> I would like to know how i can develop an application for serving GIS
data
> from
> mapserver to PDA or mobile by develloping data transfer algorithm.Also i
> would
> like to know is there in research going on this topic.
>
> thanks,
> prasad bauchkar
> Asian Institute of Technology,
> Bangkok,