[Mapserver-users] MapServer compile issue

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 21 13:31:28 EDT 2003

'asStyleLabel' comes from the OGR library, so I suspect a problem
related to GDAL/OGR.  Looking at your configure command, I see that you
point configure to the OGR source but since you are building with
gdal-config this is not necessary and could be the origin of your
problems.  I would suggest using instead:
  --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr

Oh wait... I checked the ldd output that you sent in another message,
and it reports:
  libgdal.1.1.so => /usr/lib/libgdal.1.1.so (0x4018b000)

It seems that you have duplicate versions of the gdal library: one copy
under /usr/local and one under /usr ... this is not good.

OK, here is what you should do:

1- Make sure you have one and only one copy of every support library
installed on your system.  Ideally support libs that you build should be
installed under /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include

2- Make sure /usr/local/bin is in your executable path, and that
/usr/local/lib is in your runtime library path

3- Point configure to the location where the libs are installed instead
of to their source, your configure command should become something like:

$ ./configure --with-proj=/usr/local/ \
      --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr  \
      --with-wmsclient \
      --libdir=/usr/local/lib --includedir=/usr/local/include

(I don't know what --libdir and --includedir do or if they will have any
real impact on your build)

I hope that helps,

Daniel