[Mapserver-users] Using GetFeatureInfo in Mapserver WMS Client

"Ó Tuama, Éamonn" e.otuama at ucc.ie
Wed Apr 23 08:40:02 EDT 2003

Searched the MapServer archive and web to no avail on this problem -

I am using Mapserver 3.6.3 on Windows. Both WMS Server and Client features
are available.

I've set up a Mapserver WMS server and can perform a GetFeatureInfo request
successfully by placing the HTTP request directly in the browser address
bar.  I'm now trying to use MapServer as a WMS client. I can get it to
display remote layers but if I do a query on a remote layer I get ":(null)"
returned. The remote layers are set to be queryable and include a "TEMPLATE
'dummy'" line. Checking the Apache access log I've noticed that the HTTP
request being passed is an ordinary query and not in the form of a
GetFeatureInfo request.

My question is: does the basic query mode available in Mapserver work with a
GetFeatureInfo request or do I have to construct a special handler in
JavaScript?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Éamonn Ó Tuama
Coastal & Marine Resources Centre (Ionad Acmhainní Cósta is Mara)
University College Cork
Ireland