[Mapserver-users] Using GetFeatureInfo in Mapserver WMS Client

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 24 15:33:16 EDT 2003

"Ó Tuama, Éamonn" wrote:

> My question is: does the basic query mode available in Mapserver work with a
> GetFeatureInfo request or do I have to construct a special handler in
> JavaScript?

The short answer is no, mapserver doesn't know how to handle
GetFeatureInfo request when acting as a WMS client.

However if you are using MapScript you can use the
$layer->GetWMSFeatureInfoUrl() method which will construct a
GetFeatureInfo URL.  You can then call this URL from your script and try
to do something useful with the result.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca