[Mapserver-users] developing user interface

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Wed Apr 23 10:03:47 EDT 2003

First of all the question will be what platform your client should be
running on. PocketPC/WindowsCE or PalmOS to name the most popular OS for
PDAs. If your developing for PocketCE you can code plain HTML and use the
build in IE . Also it's a PocketPC version that differs more or less from
the desktop version. If you like you can try one of our little experiments
optimized for PocketPC. It differs not much from the demo client. Visit
http://www.gdv-gis.de/pda . I don't know anything about developing for
PalmOS. Regarding Mobile Phones is should be possible to develop a java
application running on a java-capable device.

regards
Oliver