[Mapserver-users] mapserver using grass raster

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 11:29:15 EDT 2003

Heiko.Kehlenbrink at vermes.fh-oldenburg.de wrote:
> hi all,
>
> got a problem using a grass raster file with the mapserver.
> i tried it using the absolut path to the grass cellhd directory and i think that the grass rasterfile
> had been reached because i get no "Warning: MapServer Error in msDrawRaster():
> Unrecognized or unsupported image format".
> But also i get no map...

Heiko,

I am not sure why gdalinfo is finding the raster, but it isn't found
in MapServer.  Are you use you are using the same GDAL for both?
Any possibility of permissions problems?  Does shp2img work for the
map file?  Are you depending on use of your .grassrc file that wouldn't
be found in the cgi-bin environment?

> ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
> OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
> i am a little confused because the proj4 lib is present in /usr/lib/ and also in /usr/local/lib/
> and there were no configure option in gdal including the proj4 libaries.

Most likely GDAL doesn't know how to use dlopen() in your build, and so
can't dynamically load libproj.so.  Does your gdal/port/gdal_config.h
file include "#define HAVE_LIBDL 1"?  If not, there was a configure problem.
This seems to be related to gcc 3.x inclusion of /usr/local/include in the
default include path.  Are you using GDAL 1.1.8?  I thought it was fixed in
that.  Perhaps you could try again with a nightly snapshot of GDAL.

Best regards,