[Mapserver-users] Mandrake 9 installation problems

Mark Balman Mark.Balman at birdlife.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 05:26:54 EDT 2003

Hi all

Having read all the documentation and all the correspondence relating to the
installation of Mapserver onto Mandrake 9 I am still stumped. Having
"hopefully" installed all the necessary dependancies I can run ./configure
with the following;

./configure \
--with-proj \
--with-gdal

and this creates a Makefile ok without errors. My problem is when I run
make, I get "loads" of messages specifically:

changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include" as it has
already been specified as a non-system directory
changing search order for system directory "/usr/include" as it has already
been specified as a non-system directory

make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

As a newbie to linux, this is really puzzling, can anyone shed some
light....

TIA

Mark