[Mapserver-users] How to do an Arrow-Symbol

Björn Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Mon Apr 28 06:33:54 EDT 2003

Hi List,

I'm visualizing free parking-spaces using MapServer 3.6 with
ESRI-ShapeFiles. The parking-spaces are symbolized with a gif (the
"P"-Sign). Now I want to show the visitors, where the entrance of the
parking-space is.

I thought about a line-layer with a short line from the street to each
"P"-Sign. Now I would like to provide an arrow-like symbol in my
symbolset, but I have no Idea how (if??) this will go.
As well I am not sure, if the symbol will rotate automatically, so that
the arrow points towards the "P"-Sign.

Has anyone tried kind of this or knows howto??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bye,

Bjoern.

--