[Mapserver-users] How to change band combination by url?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 28 13:21:31 EDT 2003

Jan Hartmann wrote:
> No, I couldn't get PROCESSSING working via the URL either, although it
> works fine in the Mapfile. Why does MapServer skip this directive when
> it parses the URL or the form variables?

Jan,

The short answer is that I am very .map file centric in my mapserver usage,
and I don't quite get how to add new keywords so they work from sources
other than a mapfile.  Thus my new "features" are often unsupported from
MapScript and from url/form settings.

I am also not certain what things should be settable that way.  For
instance, is it possible that opening up PROCESSING directives to
arbirary user input might open an unexpected security hole?

Best regards,