[Mapserver-users] png encoding problem

Gautam Kumar gautamleam at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 16:41:30 EDT 2003

--0-1323561535-1051562490=:87040

I am having trouble getting a PNG image to display correctly with mapserver. I previously was using an ascii file to display my map however that ran incredibly slow, so i'm trying to switch to png. However, the pixel values seem to be radically different in these two files. What previously had a pixel value of 21 in the ascii file now has a value of 7, 82 is now 1, 255 is now 6, etc... Does anyone know why this is and if there's any way to get the png to have the same pixel values as the ascii file? If not, how is the png encoded so i can calculate how the ascii values were changed? Are there better ways of making mapserver run faster with this data?