[Mapserver-users] GTiff/RGB-Output resulting in yellow image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 09:05:48 EDT 2003

Oliver Wesp wrote:
> The image that is written turns out to be completly covered by a yellow
> layer on top of it, with the actual mapfeatures shining through (checked
> with ArcView 3.2, Photoshop6).

> Maybe this is general problem with geotiff. Randy James mentioned
> similar problems with GeoTiff as raster input earlier
>
> (
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0301/msg00508.html
> ).
>
> Here's my setup:
>
> Mapserver 3.7 - nightly
> GDAL-cvs-030226
> GD-2.0.11

Oliver,

I would strong encourage people to upgrade to GD 2.0.12.  It fixes some
serious issues with transparency.  GD 2.0.12 should be consider our minimum
required GD from here on in.

However, I am not convinced it is related to this problem.  In Randy's message
he is reprojecting the raster which is a significantly different case than not
doing so.  Are you reprojecting?

I think you will need to submit a bug with a minimal map file and data
to reproduce this problem since it does not (apparently) occur with any of
my test cases.  If you aren't ready to work up a formal bug report it would
be helpful to see more of your mapfile to see what your background color is,
and various layer options in effect.

Best regards,