[Mapserver-users] WMS questions

Michael Anderson m_anderson14 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:40:21 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have two problems. First, when I make GetCapabilities and GetMap requests
to a WMS server using 3.6.3, something is wrong with the response headers.
My browser won't display the xml or the image, it asks me to select a
program to open them with. When I open them they are correct. I have 3.6.0
on my system as well and it works fine. I'm running it under Apache on
Windows XP. I have 3.6.3 running on a Linux box as well and have the same
problem.

The second problem is related to setting up MapServer as a WMS client. I
added one layer with the WMS connection type, but when I try to render that
layer I get this error message:

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no options found in 'init'
file

What is the init file it's referring to and what is it supposed to contain?
The only references to an init file I could find in the archives were about
demo_init.html.

Thanks.

Mike