[Mapserver-users] Shape files-Novice

Björn Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Wed Apr 30 10:24:17 EDT 2003

Hi Sanjay,

> Hi   How can i Convert/get picture files to shape files(.shx, .shp,
> .bdf).Do we have any software available? Help .

I don't think that there is some Software for converting Images (.tif,
.jpg, etc.) into ESRI Shapefiles.
I see, that you will have to load your Images into an ArcView-View and
draw the Lines, Polygons and points on your own...

But if I'm wrong and someone has such a mighty piece of software: Please
tell me... It would save me a lot of time and money...

Bye,

Bjoern.

--
small office solutions