[Mapserver-users] Polygons in shape files.

Gardner Lloyd Bickford III gbickford at netacus.com
Wed Apr 30 12:13:44 EDT 2003

Hello,
   I am new to MapServer. I created a basic mapfile with the tcl msworkshop
scripts. I had to modify it a bit to work with 3.6 but everything is
working alright now except for my polygon shape file. MapServer doesn't
seem to draw the polygons or islands. It fills the whole layer with the
layer color. At http://www.netacus.com/mapserver/cwmap.png you will find an
example. A friend mentioned that not all programs deal with shape files the
same way and the application that generated this shape file could  contain
"extended features" that aren't supported in MapServer.
   Has anyone else encountered this problem? What is the best way to fix my
shape file or help MapServer draw only the polygons and islands?

Thank you for reading,
   Gardner

Gardner Lloyd Bickford III
gbickford at netacus.com   - email
877.811.1279                    - toll free
+34 678 83 28 48                - mobile
http://www.netacus.com  - web