[Mapserver-users] Mapserver compile problem with GDAL and OGR

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Dec 9 18:47:56 EST 2003

pw wrote:

> I am compiling mapserver with gdal and ogr. The gdal build is --with-ogr and
> ogr is included in the gdal
> build. For some reason I am not getting a number of OGR class member
> functions defined in libgdal.1.1.so
> when I do my gdal compile. I've tried deleting config.cache, config.status
> and worked my way through
> all the */lib directories on the machine to make sure I don't have anything
> but one instance of libgdal,
> ogr.a , etc..
> I thought there may be something else that I am missing.
> ./configure for mapserver has no problems finding either gdal or ogr......

What do you pass to configure exactly? I think I've noticed before that
there is one combination of values for --with-gdal and --with-ogr that
confuses the configure script. Unfortunately I don't remember which
combination it was and how to reproduce it... perhaps you ran into that
case.

If gdal-config is in your path then try just calling configure without
giving the explicit path to gdal-config, e.g.

  ./configure --with-gdal --with-ogr ......

If gdal-config is not in your path then try one of the following
combinations:

  ./configure --with-gdal --with-ogr=/path/to/gdal-config .....

or
  ./configure --with-gdal=/path/to/gdal-config --with-ogr .....

If using one of the above fixes your problem then please file a bug with
the exact configure command that you were using before, and the one that
worked after.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca