[Mapserver-users] colouring problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 10 00:01:28 EST 2003

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> the strange thing is that I also had this problem when cascading images
> coming from ArcIMS.
>
> We tried both PNG 8 bit and PNG 24 bit output from ArcIMS, and png24
> output in Mapserver. Then also these problems arose.
>
> In that case (png24 output in Mapserver), Mapserver could not run out of
> colours could it?

Bart,

With 24bit png output MapServer should absolutely not run out of colors.
If you can reproduce this in a form that can be easiliy bundled up then
please submit a bug report.

> There is no way to define a colour table in the map file for example?

I am not aware of a clean way.  One not-so-clean way is the dummy layer
with a class for each color you want to include.

Best regards,