[Mapserver-users] DTED Mapping Data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 09:50:57 EST 2003

James Anderson wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Thanks for the input.  The mapserver I am using is compiled with GDAL.  So
> would I just setup it up like a normal raster layer ?  How to I go about
> georeferencing it ?  Would I use a world file like with .png files ??  Is
> there any chance you could give an example of mapserver layer setup ?

James,

They can be displayed using a normal raster layer.

No need for world files.  The georeferencing is implicit in the .dt1 files
themselves.  Note that the files will normally be in 1 degree x 1 degree
squares and in a lat/long "projection".  I would rather not take the time
to prepare an example.

Best regards,