[Mapserver-users] 4.0 JOIN problem

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Dec 11 13:46:20 EST 2003

I'm using CSV joins successfully at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/deli/

A typical layer definition looks like:

   # 1:100k Digital Raster Graphic - Collars Removed
  LAYER
    NAME "L380000020906"
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE QUERY

    # data access information
    DATA  "/r01/data/drs/metadata/mapserver/gen_q100k"
    FILTERITEM  "C380020906"
    FILTER /./

    # result presentation information
    TEMPLATE "query_result.html"
    HEADER "query_layer_header.html"
    FOOTER "query_layer_footer.html"
    JOIN
      NAME "stats"
      CONNECTIONTYPE CSV
      TABLE
"/r01/data/drs/metadata/data_def/layer_stat/map_drg100im2_stat.txt"
      FROM "TILE_ID"
      TO "1"
    END
  END

and the query result template looks like (only 1 line). There is some
nasty javascript going on but you can see how the 3rd column in the CSV
file is accessed. With DBF files you have the advantage of a field
name:

   queryResults[queryResults.length] = new
QueryResult(queryResults.length, layer.id, '[TILE_ID]', '[TILE_NAME]',
'[stats_3]');

The one thing I notice is that your trying to do a one-to-one join. The
syntax us actually TYPE ONE_TO_ONE. With those types of joins you don't
use a seperate template, you'd just use the join'd values in the regular
query template

Let me know if you have questions.

Steve

BTW CSV joins are only available in the CVS version (4.1)...

>>> <AJackson at realtors.org> 12/10/2003 4:43:43 PM >>>
>Joins live at the LAYER level now. Move it outside the CLASS and you
> should be ok.

I tried moving the JOIN into the LAYER level (as below) with no
success.
I know the join code is being called, because if I monkey with the
values for TABLE, TO, and FROM, I get errors in the log.  Also,
the data matches.  I even tried placing the same match value in every
record of the databases.  No luck.  Can anyone point me to a working
sample I can look at?

LAYER
  NAME "state_sel"
  TYPE QUERY
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA "st_combined"

  FILTER "%SELECTED_STATE%"
  FILTERITEM 'STATE'
  JOIN
    NAME "state_history"
    TABLE "/var/www/html/maps/data/us_st_avg.dbf"
    TYPE SINGLE
    FROM "STYPE"
    TO "HTYPE"
    TEMPLATE "ImpactTemplates/historic_data.html"
  END
  CLASS
    TEMPLATE "empty.html"
  END