[Mapserver-users] Re: Question about MapInfo.

Denis Louvegnies denis at louvegnies.com
Mon Dec 15 10:57:07 EST 2003

Thank you Very much Daniel.

According to phpInfo  the input=OGR is included. So I guest I should be able
to open a Tab file.

However even if I can open the demo file europe.map I got the following
error when opening a tab file :

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named 'test'.
in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\mapserver\tutorial\example_mi.php on line
10

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR connection
`C:\tmp\ms_tmp\mapinfo\test.TAB'. File not found or unsupported format. in
c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\mapserver\tutorial\example_mi.php on line 10

The TAB file is very basic, just one layer. If I run the ogrinfo tool :

C:\tmp\ms_tmp\mapinfo>ogrinfo test.tab
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `test.tab'
using driver `MapInfo File' successful.
1: test (Polygon)

And the map file is :

NAME FIRSTMAP
SIZE 400 400
STATUS ON

SYMBOLSET "C:\tmp\ms_tmp\font\symbols_mapinfo.sym"
EXTENT -5696501 1923039 5696501 11022882
UNITS METERS

WEB
  IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
END

LAYER
    NAME "test"
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "C:\tmp\ms_tmp\mapinfo\test.TAB"
    STATUS ON

    CLASS
       END
END