[Mapserver-users] Shapefile indexing

Martin Kiuru Martin.Kiuru at Elion.ee
Wed Dec 17 03:20:35 EST 2003

Hello,

I have 248 shapefiles with size about 500 KB each, and they cover all
the area of Estonia. So, I need to display that shapes in one layer. To
do that, I created an index file using "tile4ms" utility (kataster.shp).
But when I'am trying to crate a new layer using kataster.shp, I see only
squares (borders of shapefiles - with no polygons inside). So, how can I
put polygons from shapefiles on my map using indexfile analogically with
tiff - rasterfiles ? Here is my layer, which shows borders of shapefiles
:

LAYER
NAME "INDEX"
STATUS ON
DATA "./shp/kataster"
TYPE POLYGON
UNITS METERS
SIZEUNITS PIXELS
TOLERANCE 0
TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
MAXSCALE 30000
CLASS
NAME "KATASTER1"
TEMPLATE "ttt_query.html"
STYLE
SYMBOL 0
OUTLINECOLOR 51 51 255
SIZE 1
MINSIZE 1
MAXSIZE 100
END
END
END

So, can I display many shapefiles in one layer, or I have to generate
one huge shapefile and work with it ? Please, help!

Thanks in advice,

Martin Kiuru.