[Mapserver-users] PNG Transparency in Internet Explorer - Solution

Doug Cates doug at moximedia.com
Thu Dec 18 17:48:01 EST 2003

David,

1. Is this an IIS server only solution, or will it work with other
engines?

2. Isn't it only 24-bit PNG that browsers have trouble with? If so, USGS
should output the images in 8-bit PNG or GIF in order for their services
to be as interoperable as possible. The same holds true for people
publixhing WMS services using MapServer.

Doug