[Mapserver-users] Locating and centering on a point

Palle Due Larsen palle at mail-online.dk
Mon Dec 22 09:03:17 EST 2003

Hi,

Build a select box showing the names of the restaurants with the
shapeindexes as values, like this:

<option value="21">Ristorante Napoli</option>

Then use indexquery mode with the shapeindex parameter set to the value
and the qlayer set to your restaurant layer. You can set the buffer
parameter as well, so that you don't zoom to close to the point.

If you have some server-side software, such as perl or php you can
generate the select box automatically.

Best regards & a Merry Christmas

Palle Due Larsen
Carl Bro GIS&IT