[Mapserver-users] php mapserver interference - usage question..

Horacio Samaniego horacio at unm.edu
Fri Dec 26 14:59:52 EST 2003

I've done some php coding but are new to the php/mapscript scheme...

I've gone through all the available tutorials and examples, and
everything looks fine. Although I'm still very confused about the
reasons why I can't get both codes (php and html) on a same page...
 I have done the following:
modify the Itasca example to make sure that the system actually runs...
But then I try to use php code in my page and it wont work... (off
course that I've registered the extension in the httpd.conf and all that
stuff.... but still.)

This makes me think that there is something special about the hidden
variable that the main_init.html page sends to my main.php page where I
try to insert the php code (just phpinfo actually) or something...
(eventhough that a simple test.php with <html><?php phpinfo();?></html>
works fine!)

I'll appreciate if someone can put me back on the right track...

and tell me how this thing works...

Thanks so much and have a happy "turn" of the year...

Horacio

--
Horacio Samaniego <horacio at unm.edu>
Dep. Biology, University of New Mexico