[Mapserver-users] PHP as module?

Don Holeman dholeman1 at cox.net
Sun Dec 28 00:42:06 EST 2003

Greetings,

I own a shared hosting company and I would like to offer Mapserver hosting
as an option. I've been waiting to see whether the dependency on cgi PHP
would be resolved, which according to earlier posts is schedluled for
version 4.1 of Mapserver. Can anyone tell me how far along this is and
whether the current development cvs supports modular PHP on RH9? This cgi
dependency creates all sorts of security issues and problems with other
needed software in a shared server environment, so while I'd very much like
to offer space on a shared spatial server I think it's basically a
non-starter until modular php is an option.

All the Best,
Don Holeman