[Mapserver-users] Layer usage in php/mapscript?

Horacio Samaniego horacio at unm.edu
Sun Dec 28 18:02:24 EST 2003

Is there an example that may recreate the itasca sample but in
php/mapscript besides
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc35/phpmapscript-byexample-howto.html

It would be great to really understand the usage of mapscript and will
greatly  help beginners...   ;)

I'm trying to get an example code to display, as layers, the different
attributes (items) of 1 shape file...

Something that will be done with the [map_LAYER_class_expression]
request on the conventional mapserver.

(The idea will be to get the different class items from a layer so that
the user can select which one (or many?) it will display.

 so, for example, I have many species range maps in `one' (big) shape
file and want to display one of them at the time -as layers)

Maybe I'm not getting the concept of mapscript... but could some of the
more experienced ones tell me how to approach these issues?

thanks a lot!

--
Horacio Samaniego <horacio at unm.edu>
Dep. Biology, University of New Mexico