[Mapserver-users] WMS & Web Object Empty tag

Julien, Heryk hjulien at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Dec 29 11:29:34 EST 2003

Hi,

First of all, I'm having trouble with the Web Object Empty tag. When I query
an unmapped region of my mapfile using a wms GetFeatureInfo call my Web
Object EMPTY tag is ignored.
EMPTY
"http://cgcq.rncan.gc.ca/GASL_clf/mapserver/templates/MS_query_noSel.html"
If I use a "Text/html" request format I get a blank page while the
"Text/plain" format returns the following message: "GetFeatureInfo
results:Search returned no results".
I'm presently using the following Web Metadata configuration:
"wms_feature_info_mime_type" "Text/html"

Secondly, when you add a Mapserver generated wms layer in a Mapfile, which
Web Object Empty will be used when no features are selected?.
Example: The mapfile "B.map" contains a layer calling a Mapserver WMS
service called "A.map". Will mapserver use the Web Object Empty tag in the
mapfile A or B when no features are selected during a query?
Can anyone help me?