[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.6.4 and RedHat 8.0

Dana Quinn dana at nextbus.com
Mon Feb 3 14:00:27 EST 2003

Klaus Zahradnik wrote:

> Hy-
> To make it short, here is the link with the message I get:
> http://lists.gis.umn.edu/pipermail/mapserver-users/2002-December/000378.html
>
> It already has been posted, but there was no answere (at least google makes it look like that ;o) )
>
> berst regagrds
> Klaus

Klaus-
	I think you're in luck with this problem.  If you can provide
the right search strings to the search engine for the mailing list
search engine, you can find some discussion on this error message.
I think this post is the most succint at how to fix the problem:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0212/msg00337.html

I was able to follow that advice and get everything working.  This
is specifically what I did (this is directly from that post):

Or try  editing your Makefile and add "-lstdc++" as shown below
                  STATIC_LIBS= $(GD_STATIC) $(OGR_STATIC) -lstdc++

	You'll need to do something similar if you use Perl/Mapscript.
There was some discussion of that issue on the mailing list, and
there is a small section in the wiki about Perl Mapscript and RH 8.0.

dana

Dana Quinn, dana at nextbus.com
NextBus Information Systems
(510) 420-3117