[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.7, PHP/mapscript, Apache 2.x, RH8

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Feb 5 04:15:32 EST 2003

Steve,

> Hi all,
>
> I plan to try and build Mapserver 3.7, PHP/Mapscript on RH 8.0 which comes
> with Apache 2.0. I saw todays posts about MS 3.6.4 and RH 8.0.
>
> Questions,
>
> Has anyone built this already?

not exactly, but I thought you'd still might be interested.
I just did a rebuild of everything but I'm still using apache 1.3.23.
For the others, I used the latest versions: proj, gdal-cvs, mapserver-cvs, gd
2.0.11, php 4.3.0., ming 0.2a (as ming-cvs gives errors when making the
php_ming module which I also like to use).
I compiled both a php module to use for normal php applications, and a cgi
which should be as clean as possible, to use with mapserver apps.
Mapserver was compiled with quite a bunch of options, including the php module
which seems to work ok.
I've just started testing, simple things seem to work ok.
I'm sorry I can't help you on the apache 2.0 things, but I hope this gives you
some confidence about the rest :-)
If you like, I can send you my ./configure script options for
mapserver/php/etc.
don't hesitate to ask more specific questions if you have them, I'll be glad
to share my experiences ( it took me quite some trial&error time to get all
config options right...).

Regards,
Vincent Schut.