[Mapserver-users] MapServer 3.6.4 with PHP/MapScript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 20 16:57:23 EST 2003

Ariel Aizemberg wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
> I want to start using the PHP/MapScript module with mapserver 3.6.4
> It is mandatory to have the PHP souce tree code in order to compile the
> mapserver with PHP/Mapscript support?

I never tried compiling using the php-devel RPM... it may work, you
could try, but the best way to avoid trouble is definitely to extract
a copy of the source for your PHP version somewhere, and run configure
in the PHP source tree to match the options that were used to compile
the RPM.  You can find out those options using phpinfo() in a PHP
script.

BTW, I suspect that the RPM will be built as an Apache module, and also
quite likely using the PHP builtin Regex library, tow things that will
cause you trouble with PHP MapScript.  You need PHP compiled in CGI
mode, and using the system regex.  For more details see:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScript

See especially the link explaining why PHP has to be configured as a
CGI, and the links to detailed instructions to build on various RedHat
versions, since I assume that you must be using RedHat.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca