[Mapserver-users] Query Mapscript

Sven Jacobi jacobi at dfki.de
Fri Feb 21 05:04:48 EST 2003

Hi,

is it possible to make a query in MapScript over certain
objects in the dbf-file?
I have a specialized forest area with a unique name/ID in my
dbf-file and I want to query this object not by clicking
on this object on my map, but I want to be able to pass
this parameter as a string. A user should be able to enter
SECTION:"85020" into a certain field and with this parameter
I want to hilite this area on a given map as a querymap.

I'm using this inside a Zope application with python Mapscript.

Any advice?

Thanks in forward,

Sven