[Mapserver-users] cygwin vs. windows

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Feb 25 20:27:24 EST 2003

Dylan -

There really isn't much needed to install at all, provided you've got a
Web server set up already on the remote machine.

Are you using a local Windows machine?  Is the remote machine running
Windows 2000 Server?  If so, using Terminal Services/Remote Desktop
clients will make "secure remote login" pretty trivial.

Do you need to install on a remote Cygwin setup, or are you bringing
that up as a suggested solution?  Sorry, but if you can be a bit more
specific about what your environment is and what you need to do, we can
give you specific advice!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242  Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com