[Mapserver-users] Projection help

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Wed Feb 26 07:44:13 EST 2003

List,
I've never had to project data (until now) and would like to ask for
some help in trying this out.
All my data are either internally created or derived from ArcView
StreetMaps.
The only information I include in my map file are the UNITS DD statement
at the top and the scalebar's UNITS MILES statements. I have no other
projection information included.
I'd like to include the Fish and Wildlife Service's wetlands polygons,
but they are projected in UTM, NAD 27, meters.
Could someone tell me how I could include these layers to match up to my
decimal degree data? I'd want to include wetlands (coastal waters) from
Maine to Virginia.

Sample working map file layer definitions follow.

Thanks,
Kieran

LAYER
  NAME "Background"