[Mapserver-users] 3.7 DATAPATTERN

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Thu Feb 27 09:45:41 EST 2003

Dear List,

I'm struggling with changin the datasource dynamically via cgi. This
requires the new DATAPATTERN-Parameter in MS 3.7. I tried different
settings with the following results:

DATAPATTERN /./ results in

getString(): Symbol definition error. (.):(16)

DATAPATTERN '/./' seems to work but results in

msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (raster/myTIF.tif) failed
expression test.

DATAPATTERN '.'

results in the generation of a new Map, but still the Data isn't displayed.
I guess I'm getting something totally wrong. Is anybody able to give me an
example on the usage of DATAPATTERN.

Tanks in advance
Oliver