[Mapserver-users] 3.7 DATAPATTERN

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Thu Feb 27 11:55:35 EST 2003

Oliver,

It seems the regex has to be *without* slashes and *with* quotes, e.g.:

DATAPATTERN "myfile"
will match only myfile

DATAPATTERN "myfile|yourfile"
will match either myfile or yourfile

DATAPATTERN "/home/data/.*"
will match everything below /home/data (note that the slashes are for
directories, not for the regex)

and DATAPATTERN ".*"

will match everything.

BTW: DATAPATTERN "." will match only filenames that are exactly one
character long; DATAPATTERN "/./" will match a file in the root
directory with a name of one character followed by a slash.

As fas as I could see, error messages are output only when a DATAPATTERN
is set and a DATA statement doesn't match it. When no DATAPATTERN is set
and data are requested via the DATA statement, the DATA statement is
ignored and a map is returned based on the original MapFile.

Jan