[Mapserver-users] Compile issues, no PNG's

Madere, Colin colin.madere at ieminc.com
Fri Feb 28 12:03:40 EST 2003

This may or may not be your issue, but thought it worth mentioning.

With the new version of the graphics libraries (gdal I think?), GIF support
is not included because of all the licensing crap.  However, the demo that
comes with 3.6.4 is set up to specifically use GIF files.  I didn't have a
GIF library so I couldn't run the demo (and don't know enough about
mapserver to change the demo to use PNGs).