[Mapserver-users] converting e00 to postgis for use by mapserver

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Wed Jul 2 08:29:10 EDT 2003

I need to convert a number of e00 files into postgis for
use by mapserver.  I've tracked down, compiled, and installed
the e00pg utility but it's not clear to me what options are required to
generate a geometry field that mapserver can take advantage of,
nor how to push it from a point orientation to line/polygon/whatever
orientation.

BTW, if it's not obvious, I'm just getting started with mapserver
and I apologize if I'm not catching something obvious.  I have
loaded shape files into postgis and am able to define layers that
I turn on and off, so I've got a start on things, but have much to
learn.  --> GOOD GENERIC GIS BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?

Thanks,
Heitzso