[Mapserver-users] Using WMS

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 8 17:32:39 EDT 2003

--------------070504090207030409000903

I think the missing parameter in STYLES. Is it possible that the STYLES
parameter was missing in 3.6 ?

Daniel Morissette wrote:

>Jordy Keighan wrote:
>

>>I'm running mapserv 3.6.6
>>with maplab 2.0.1
>>
>>when I try to apply a wms layer to my map i get this error
>>anyone as a idea why ?
>>
>>Warning: MapServer Error in msDrawRaster(): Unrecognized or
>>unsupported image format in
>>/home/httpd/html/maplab/htdocs/common/wrapper/drawmap.php on line 387
>>

>The short answer is that the remote WMS server didn't return a response
>in an image format that mapserver can understand.  This can happen if
>your WMS layer's CONNECTION parameter is missing some required
>parameters and then the remote server returns an exception in XML format
>which would then confuse MapServer (I know it should try to make sense
>of XML exceptions, that's on the ToDo list, in the meantime, using
>exceptions INIMAGE is recommended).
>
>Perhaps if you sent your layer definition then we could help more.  BTW,
>you write that you use MapLab, what did you do exactly in MapLab to get
>this error?  Perhaps there is a problem with MapLab with your specific
>server?
>
>Daniel

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Phone: (613) 565-5056 (ext 14)
Fax:   (613) 565-0925

--------------070504090207030409000903

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I think the missing parameter in STYLES. Is it possible that the STYLES parameter
was missing in 3.6 ?<br>
Daniel Morissette wrote:<br>
when I try to apply a wms layer to my map i get this error
anyone as a idea why ?

Warning: MapServer Error in msDrawRaster(): Unrecognized or
unsupported image format in
/home/httpd/html/maplab/htdocs/common/wrapper/drawmap.php on line 387

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The short answer is that the remote WMS server didn't return a response
in an image format that mapserver can understand.  This can happen if
your WMS layer's CONNECTION parameter is missing some required
parameters and then the remote server returns an exception in XML format
which would then confuse MapServer (I know it should try to make sense
of XML exceptions, that's on the ToDo list, in the meantime, using
exceptions INIMAGE is recommended).

Perhaps if you sent your layer definition then we could help more.  BTW,
you write that you use MapLab, what did you do exactly in MapLab to get
this error?  Perhaps there is a problem with MapLab with your specific
server?

Daniel
  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:assefa at dmsolutions.ca">assefa at dmsolutions.ca</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.dmsolutions.ca/">http://www.dmsolutions.ca/</a>