[Mapserver-users] Problem using Mapserver

Suddhasheel Ghosh suddhasheel_ghosh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 08:16:13 EDT 2003

--0-245244000-1057925773=:83920

Hello

My name is Suddhasheel Ghosh and I want to use Mapserver for GIS applications. I have the following setup:

(1) Windows Operating System XP
(2) Apache Server
(3) PHP 4.3.2
(4) Mapserver 3.6

I have completed all the formalities of the mapserver namely putting the mapserv.exe into the CGI directory etc.

When I want to execute the command for displaying a map it is not doing so.. Why? This gives rise to two questions:

a. Do I have to make a setting for an temporary directory somewhere? If yes then where

b. When I provide the name of the map in the map file ... Is the directory virtual or real

c. When I provide the argument of the map file in the QueryString is the place virtual or real?

Please answer the question

My address is Suddhasheel at yahoo.com

Thanks and regards

Suddhasheel GHOSH

Suddhasheel Ghosh
Etudiant
Groupement pour le Developpement de la Teledetection Aerospatiale
8-10 rue Hermes,
Parc Technologique du Canal
31520 Ramonville St. Agne Cedex, Toulouse, France
Mobile: +33 (0)685 692 390

---------------------------------
--0-245244000-1057925773=:83920

<DIV>Hello </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My name is Suddhasheel Ghosh and I want to use Mapserver for GIS applications. I have the following setup: </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(1) Windows Operating System XP </DIV>
<DIV>(2) Apache Server </DIV>
<DIV>(3) PHP 4.3.2 </DIV>
<DIV>(4) Mapserver 3.6 </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have completed all the formalities of the mapserver namely putting the mapserv.exe into the CGI directory etc. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I want to execute the command for displaying a map it is not doing so.. Why? This gives rise to two questions: </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>a. Do I have to make a setting for an temporary directory somewhere? If yes then where </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>b. When I provide the name of the map in the map file ... Is the directory virtual or real </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>c. When I provide the argument of the map file in the QueryString is the place virtual or real? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please answer the question</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My address is <A href="mailto:Suddhasheel at yahoo.com">Suddhasheel at yahoo.com</A></DIV>