[Mapserver-users] ASP, Java, mapscript and other fun stuff

Dean Dean
Tue Jul 1 21:29:15 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I apologise if this has been covered before but I have searched the archives
and can not find anything recent.

Basically what I want to do (or more accurately what my boss wants to do) is
get a Mapscript application working with IIS without resorting to having to
install PHP or perl and preferably without needing a java engine installed
either.

So -
Is there a COM component around that can be used within ASP. the archives
suggest a demand for, and some work being completed towards an ActiveX
component bit this seems to have petered out. (What happened?)

Does anybody have any compiled JAVA components to work on windows? Has
anybody successfully compiled them using Borland C++ (Command Line)? Am I
setting myself up for a fall suggesting that I will have a go at creating
them. (I am not a C/C++ Programmer but have done a reasonable amount of
programming in other languages).

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dean Taylor