[Mapserver-users] Lambert Projection for Europe

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Fri Jul 18 09:03:20 EDT 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 14:45, Jan Hartmann wrote:
<snap>

> Man kann daher zwischen flächentreuen, konformen, teilweise längentreuen
> und vermittelnden (ohne besondere Eigenschaften) Abbildungen
> unterscheiden. Dabei ist zu beachten dass Flächentreuen und partielle
> Längentreue auch im Endlichen auftreten können, während die Winkeltreue
> als Konformität stets nur im unendlich Kleinen bestehen kann.
>
> I wonder what Google would make of that!

</snap>

Google's translation:

One can differentiate therefore between surface-faithful, conformal, partial
lengthen-faithful and mediating (without special characteristics)
illustrations.  Is to consider that surface-faithful and partial laengentreue
also in the finite one can occur, while the bending regret can exist as
conformity always only in the infinitely small one.

;-)
Vincent.
--
Vincent Schut