[Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Tue Jul 22 11:39:42 EDT 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35067.785093C8

=20
Hi Chip,
the template file uses [program] to refer to the value that was passed
in from the calling form.  Since an msLoadMap() error message is
displayed, it sounds like the .exe is being found.  The error message
also displays the map path that it is trying to access.  In my case,
anyways, the path that is displayed is correct.  From what ryan tells
me, we are both experiencing the same problem & we are both using IIS,
if that helps.  Sounds like most here are running Apache. =20
=20
Jon
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Hankley [mailto:Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 10:44 AM
To: Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA; mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: RE: [Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

	Ryan...
	=20
	I so very rarely use the CGI version of MS. My skills are a bit
rusty. As I recall, you have to point to the MapServer executable in
your template file. If your "initiation" page (the one that says "click
here to load the application") points to the correct location, but the
template file does not, I think that you would experience this (i.e.
your initial map would load, but all subsequent requests would not
work). Make sure that in your template file, you're pointing to the MS
executable. Also, note that it USED to be that the documentation (very
unix/apache oriented) did not require you to put the trailing "exe" on
the pointer to the file. I found that you HAVE to do this on windows.
	=20
	HTH.
	=20
	Chip

	Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for
viruses at RMT prior to sending.=20
  _____ =20

	NOTICE-- This email may contain confidential and privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete all
copies.=20

=09

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35067.785093C8

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Message</TITLE>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D120411115-22072003><FONT size=3D1>Hi =
Chip,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D120411115-22072003><FONT size=3D1>the template file =
uses=20
[program] to refer to the value that was passed in from the calling =
form.&nbsp;=20
Since an msLoadMap() error message is displayed, it sounds like the .exe =
is=20
being found.&nbsp; The error message also displays the map&nbsp;path =
that it is=20
trying to access.&nbsp; In my case, anyways, the path that is displayed =
is=20
correct.&nbsp; From what ryan tells me, we are both experiencing the =
same=20
problem &amp; we are both using IIS, if that helps.&nbsp; Sounds like =
most here=20
are running Apache.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D120411115-22072003><FONT =
size=3D1></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1><SPAN =
class=3D120411115-22072003>Jon</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1><SPAN class=3D120411115-22072003></SPAN><SPAN=20
class=3D120411115-22072003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Chip =
Hankley=20
[mailto:Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 22, 2003 =
10:44=20
AM<BR><B>To:</B> Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA;=20
mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: =
[Mapserver-users]=20
MapServer on XP<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>Ryan...</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I so very rarely use the CGI version of MS. My skills are a bit =
rusty. As=20
  I recall, you have to point to the MapServer executable in your =
template file.=20
  If your "initiation" page (the one that says "click here to load the=20
  application") points to the correct location, but the template file =
does not,=20
  I think that you would experience this (i.e. your initial map would =
load, but=20
  all subsequent requests would not work). Make sure that in your =
template file,=20
  you're pointing to the MS executable. Also, note that it USED to be =
that the=20
  documentation (very unix/apache oriented) did not require you to put =
the=20
  trailing "exe" on the pointer to the file. I found that you HAVE to do =
this on=20
  windows.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>HTH.</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Chip</DIV>
  <P>Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned&nbsp;for =
viruses=20
  at RMT prior to sending.=20
  <HR>
  NOTICE-- This email may contain confidential and privileged =
information for=20
  the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by =
others=20
  is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,=20
  please&nbsp;contact the sender immediately and delete all copies.=20
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35067.785093C8--