[Mapserver-users] Performing queries with GDAL/OGR and PHPMapScript

Franck Martin franck at sopac.org
Thu Jul 24 00:41:52 EDT 2003

--=-9sCG7fXOfNpP0wYNpt4X

BTW, I found out how to switch on/off the label I set maxlabelsize to 0
Have a look at http://map.sopac.org/ click on the Viti Levu Map, this is
the most accomplished map.

Ok now I need to be able to query some of the layers.

What I see in the PHPMapscript is that the script returns the ID of the
object selected. In the case of mysql ,postgis, DBF, the drivers are
built inside php, so accessing the full record is not a problem.  But in
the case of layers connected via OGR (like MapInfo tables), How do I
access the full record?
It seems that the mapserver is accessing all the fields of a record via
OGR when it needs for instance to label objects. But it seems to me that
this API does not exists in PHPMapScript.

I tried to look at some doc, but could not find anything...

Can someone, provide me a brief outline, on how queries work with
PHPMapScript?

--
Franck Martin <franck at sopac.org>
SOPAC

--=-9sCG7fXOfNpP0wYNpt4X

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
BTW, I found out how to switch on/off the label I set maxlabelsize to 0<BR>
Have a look at <A HREF="http://map.sopac.org/">http://map.sopac.org/</A> click on the Viti Levu Map, this is the most accomplished map.<BR>
<BR>
Ok now I need to be able to query some of the layers.<BR>
<BR>
What I see in the PHPMapscript is that the script returns the ID of the object selected. In the case of mysql ,postgis, DBF, the drivers are built inside php, so accessing the full record is not a problem.&nbsp; But in the case of layers connected via OGR (like MapInfo tables), How do I access the full record?<BR>
It seems that the mapserver is accessing all the fields of a record via OGR when it needs for instance to label objects. But it seems to me that this API does not exists in PHPMapScript.<BR>
<BR>
I tried to look at some doc, but could not find anything...<BR>
<BR>
Can someone, provide me a brief outline, on how queries work with PHPMapScript?<BR>
<BR>
<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
Franck Martin &lt;<A HREF="mailto:franck at sopac.org">franck at sopac.org</A>&gt;<BR>