[Mapserver-users] Problem with ECW - PHP/Mapscript 4.0

braulioen at ono.com braulioen at ono.com
Tue Jul 29 04:30:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

    When beginning to use Mapscript 4.0 I've detected a problem. I
show an image ECW using a Image Web server of ErMapper:

LAYER # Raster
  NAME ortofoto
  TYPE RASTER
  DATA "ecwp://myserver/Ortofotos/myimage.ecw"
  STATUS DEFAULT
END

    I was using mapscrip 3,6 and now, when changing of version (I've
proven with the two 3.7 and 4.0), the image does not visualize (I've
already sent an aid mail on the matter), nevertheless,Now I have
detected that if I copy the file to my then hard disk the
image visualizes:

LAYER # Raster
  NAME ortofoto
  TYPE RASTER
  DATA "C:\Ortofotos\myimage.ecw"
  STATUS DEFAULT
END

     It could have some problem in the new versions with the ECW
protocol (ECWP)?

Thanks in advance.
Braulio.