[Mapserver-users] Using MapServer as a general graphing engine

Stepan Kafka stepan.kafka at centrum.cz
Wed Jul 30 03:01:46 EDT 2003

I have tried this approach, but without success. I got an error message:

msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined overlay symbol ...

It seems that mapserver does not support http://.. symbols in current
version (4.0b). What version does it support?

Stepan Kafka

]![VALUE_B]![VALUE_C]&xlabels=A!B!C&w=400&h=400"
     END
   END

This wouldn't be very fast, but would work fine for relatively small
number of symbols.  When MapServer encounters a symbol name that starts
with http:// then it would do the field value replacements ([VALUE_A],
[VALUE_B] and [VALUE_C]), and then call the URL to download the symbol,
a chart in this case.

Another benefit of this approach is that you could link to about
anything that can dynamically generate images, not just charts.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca